In The Name of God Almighty, The Beneficent, The Merciful
Gravesite Flower and Decoration Policy Guidelines
Following are guidelines for flower decorations and/or other decorations around the grave site.
- No solar lights or any forms of illumination, flags, wind chimes, balloons, or decorations are permitted at the grave sites. The cemetery staff will remove these objects on regular basis.
- Fresh and/or plastic flowers are to be placed in the vase portion of the headstone frame only. Flowers that are withered will be removed. The cemetery is not responsible to water the flowers or refill the vases.
- No glass, pottery, metal containers, potted plants allowed on the grass part or concrete frame of grave sites. Flowers are allowed in the vase part of the headstone frame. If there is no built-in vase hole in the headstone or concrete frame, then flowers can be placed in a small – but preferrably unbreakable - vase.
- Baskets or easels containing flowers which are a part of the floral offerings at time of burial will be removed after two weeks.
- No planting of any trees on or around the grave sites are permitted. If families want to plant trees, they are encouraged to discuss this with the GSMC management and receive approval as to the location and type of tree and/or planting.
GSMC reserves the right to remove any flowers and objects that do not comply with the above Guidelines.
For all further inquiries contact the Cemetery Office: (916) 505-1681 or
The undersigned, family member representing the deceased, hereby agree to abide by the rules and guidelines listed above and shall hold GSMC, its employees and sub-contractors harmless for any actions taken to rectify such violations.